Saturday, April 2, 2011

31 Day Photo Challenge - Day 15

A picture of something I'd like to do before I die.

I would like to visit the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts.



My two favorite artists are Andy Warhol and Norman Rockwell and, while I do love some Warhol, there's nothing like that nostalgic, warm-hearted feeling that comes when looking at a Rockwell.  Known as a "storyteller with a brush," Rockwell had a tender, often humorous way of capturing real life.



The following are some favorites - I swear I'll try not to keep you here all day!













Puppy Love - one of my absolute favorites!











The Gossip - hilarious!






Girl At Mirror - so true to life...








Four Freedoms - some of Rockwell's most famous work








The Black Eye - she just looks so proud of herself!












"I'll never have enough time to paint all the pictures I'd like to."  --Norman Rockwell

1 comment:

  1. Hi Reva :-)
    I too am a BIG fan of Norman Rockwell. To me, the mast majority of his wok brings forth both big smiles and 'warm fuzzies'.

    On 'the gossip'... did ya ever wonder just waht it was that was repeated back to the original teller?

    I wish you had kept us here all day, may more favorites are coming to mind. :-}

    Your right, the girl in the mirro is very true to life!

    ReplyDelete