Friday, February 11, 2011

31 Day Photo Challenge - Day 5

...which is actually Day 6 because I skipped yesterday...and took quite a lashing for it from the bestie, who insists I should be blogging at least twice a day!!  LOL

Okay, so Day 5 calls for a photo of my favorite memory.  Are you joking?  How am I to be expected to pick ONE favorite memory from the arsenal of awesomeness that has been my life thus far??

So, here's the one I picked ... just understand that there are a million cherished memories in my head and in my heart and it was difficult to pick this one....

But here it is - the day the hubs proposed :D



The reason I picked this one is that, first of all, my friends were there.  And since my friends are so important to me, I felt like they should be involved in my "favorite" memory.  Secondly, um, duh.  I got engaged to the love of my heart!!!  He was so sweet - he planned for everyone to meet at Applebee's after the girls went to see Bride Wars (how fitting...) and had been in cahoots with the bestie so that she could record the proposal.  I found out later that the two of them had spoken by the restrooms and he was panicking because I already had a ring on my left ring finger.  She assured him that I would take it off if given the opportunity to replace it with one with all kinds of sparklies in it.  LOL  She was right.  I actually didn't even give him a chance to put it on my finger - I snatched it out of the box and put it right on!  20 months later we were FINALLY married!  Happy happy day!  Just for good measure, here's a picture of that day, too:



4 comments:

  1. Uh, 'scuse you. I wasn't there... =( But I was there for the big day, which I guess is what ultimately matters. Right?? Someone please tell me I'm right...



    Also, you're so stinkin' gorgeous. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayaya!!!!! Love it :) That was such a delightful day......Ummm, both of them were actually delightful days....so glad I got to be there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Dani :( Notice, though, that I didn't say ALL my friends were there...LOL

    And you're mos def correct - it's more important that you were at the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hellay - I'm glad you were there too!!

    ReplyDelete